HB 682 directs the Illinois Comptroller to create and maintain an online, searchable database which provides information regarding the receipt of local initiative dollars. Specifically, the database would include for each initiative recipient:
- The name of the initiative recipient
- The location of the initiative recipient and the primary location of the performance of the local initiative
- The State Representative and State Senator within whose legislative district the primary location of the performance of the local initiative is located
- The amount of the local initiative
- The funding agency and the funding source
- The purpose of each local initiative
- The portion of the local initiative spent by the initiative recipient, and the portion that lapsed upon completion of the local initiative.
To hear Rep. Olsen's interview on the bill, click here.